[pmwiki-users] Easy way to add to wikitext?

Ryan R. Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 15:25:10 CST 2007

I'm working on a new skin for my site.  I noticed that, really, all I
use is <!--PageText-->, which  generates the page within a DIV with
the id of "wikitext."  For this revision, I wanted to eliminate a
needlessly complex hierarchy of nested DIVs.  Thus I have been messing
around with #wikitext styles.  Unfortunately, I seem to have painted
myself into a corner.

I designed two paragraphs that are absolutely essential to the layout
INSIDE of wikitext; a header and footer, more or less.  It looks
something like this:

<!--PageText-->

...PageText output goes here...

Shortsighted, I know.  But at this point, it would take extensive work
and non-structural markup to fix.  I'm always amazed by the
customizations that are possible with PmWiki, so I hope there is a way
to sandwich a bit of pre-formatted HTML into PageText -- between the
opening DIV tag and the actual wiki text, and again between the wiki
text and the closing DIV tag.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Ryan