[pmwiki-users] Cannot acquire lockfile

Don Kim librariankim at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 16:19:34 CST 2007

Hello PmWiki User
I just installed the latest version of PmWik (pmwiki-2.1.27) on Window
server 2003 with PHP 5.2.1 to make it work.

After then, I got the error message on the bottom of the page.
"PmWiki can't process your request
Cannot acquire lockfile
We are sorry for any inconvenience."

I tried deleting the folder, wiki.d and remaking it but it still not
working correctly based on under the troubleshooting manual.

"Something (or someone) has changed the permissions on the
wiki.d/.flock file or the wiki.d/ directory such that the webserver is
no longer able to write the lockfile. The normal solution is to simply
delete the .flock file from the wiki.d/ directory -- PmWiki will then
create a new one. Also be sure to check the permissions on the wiki.d/
directory itself. (One can easily check and modify permissions of the
wiki.d/ directory in Filezilla (open-source FTP app) by right-clicking
on the file > File attributes) "

here is my test link;

http://216.249.190.136/pmwiki.php

I would like to get your help to make it work.

Please let me know,
Thank you very much

Regards,
Don