[pmwiki-users] voting on first/last/each in pagelist templates

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 21 08:40:15 CST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 12:43:06PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Hans wrote:
>
> >>As it's a second vote between two finalists, I placed them a ''copy'' of
> >>them at the top of the page, i.e.
> >>      http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/VoteOnFirstLastMarkup
> >
> >I think you are confusing the issue by calling it a "second vote between
> >two finalists". Pm called it a "last call for votes", calling all who
> >are interested and have not voted yet, not calling a second vote.

You're both correct.  :-)

I totally agree that it makes sense to put the leading candidates
at the top of the page, and I was going to do this when I wrote
the email but had to quickly shutdown my laptop and board a plane.  :-)

And yes, it's not a "second vote", but a "last call" for people to
review any changes to the page and adjust their votes if desired.
So, each option should appear once on the page to avoid confusion.

I've changed the page to put the two leading candidates at the
top of the page (and merged/adjusted the votes appropriately).
As always, feel free to adjust the page as appropriate.

Thanks!