[pmwiki-users] Conditional results in (:pagelist:)

Iain D. Brown iain at iainbrown.net
Thu Feb 22 16:18:31 CST 2007

I am producing a site that contains pages with information about
events, exhibitions and workshops, which are spread across three
Groups. On my main Events homepage (Events.Events), I am trying to
use pagelists to produce a list from across all three Groups.

At the top of each relevant page, I have included the tag
(:enddate: DATE :), where DATE is the last date of the event in
the format YYYMMDD.

I can get the pagelist directive to produce a list if I include an
explicit date: (:pagelist $:enddate=20070723
group=Events,Community,International order=-$:enddate :) but what I
really want to do is get the pagelist directive to take today's
date, and it is greater than $:enddate then not to return that page
in the listing. Alternatively, if the $:enddate has not yet passed,
then return the page. I guess it will involve conditional
variables or some such.

I have been experimenting, but something like (:pagelist
$:enddate>$TodayDate :) doesn't work. And I don't want to use a
blog, because of the need to delineate the pages into three
different Groups.

Has anyone some suggestions on how to do what I want?

Best wishes,

Iain.

--
Iain Brown