[pmwiki-users] List of all categories?

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 13:02:45 CST 2007

On 2/23/07, Oliver Betz <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> is ListCategories still the way to get a list of all used categories?
> I don't understand this recipe completely...
>
> Should I better use $AutoCreate?
>
> Or will there be another built-in method some day?
>
> Regarding the ListCategories recipe: CreatePages doesn't seem to be
> necessary. Links to pages in $CategoryGroup don't have a '?'.
>
> TIA,
>
> Oliver
> --
> Oliver Betz, Muenchen

If you just want a simple list of categories, you can put this in
Category/Category:

(:pagelist group=Category list=normal:)

Which will list all pages in the Category group other than pages like
RecentChanges and not including Category/Category itself.  Of course,
you could also put this someplace else.  And you might want to use a
different #fmt, see Site/PagelistTemplates.

Jon