[pmwiki-users] BlogSimple2: beta version

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 14:10:24 CST 2007

There is a new version of BlogSimple2 which relies on Page Text
Variables instead of categories for the blog to work. Instead of
[[!Blog]] in the page, you need to have (:Blog:1:). In addition, in
order to execute a pagelist, you need to use $:Blog=1 instead of
link=Category.Blog. For example, the following would produce the
latest 5 entries in reverse chrono order:

(:pagelist $:Blog=1 list=blog order=-ctime fmt=#recentblog count=5:)

The new version, available at Cookbook/BlogSimple2, features some
useful changes.

Previously, the page viewed in a pagelist looked quite different from
one viewed directly. Now, by using Site.SiteHeader and SiteFooter and
Site.BlogMeta, the page template will be the same whether you're
viewing the blog using #recentblog pagelist or viewing an individual
post. This means that the posts will be styled the same either way,
which is a big advantage.

In addition, comments are added on the page itself instead of going to
the PostComments page. This seems far less confusing. The comments
themselves are still actually stored in the connected PostComments
page.

When implementing this new beta version, don't forget to delete former
versions of any of the pages in wikilib.d, in particular
Site.BlogListTemplates, Site.SiteHeader and Site.SiteFooter, but
potentially any of the included pages--otherwise you won't realize the
new changes.

An example of this recipe in action can be found at http://josquin.us.
 Note that I have styled my version such that the metadata appears to
the left of the main content.  In addition, I am working on a Social
Bookmarks list recipe, thus all the little icons (this is not included
in the blogsimple2 recipe).

Jon Haupt