[pmwiki-users] Block Link Creation from Group

Tegan Dowling tmdowling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 09:02:16 CST 2007

On 2/27/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:

> But how should PmWiki "know" that this is undesired and you don't want
> a group "DrinkingCoffee"? I think we start asking too much of it.

On http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/LimitWikiGroups, there's a
method that has the wiki check to see if LinkedGroup.RecentChanges
exists, and prohibit creation of the new LinkedGroup by other than
admin users.

What I'd like is a version that checks to see if RecentChanges exists,
and if it does, then allow the new page in that group to be created as
normal.  But if it doesn't, then I'm asking if there would be a way to
issue a warning that the user is about to create a new group, rather
than block its creation outright.  AND I'd like it to display the
warning even for an admin.

I'm prepared to learn that this Warning-+-Second-Submit isn't do-able,
given the core functionality, but it would sure be handy.