[pmwiki-users] Block Link Creation from Group

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 10:57:57 CST 2007

Tuesday, February 27, 2007, 3:05:30 PM, Patrick wrote:

> In Site.EditForm, add the following (pick a suitably appropriate message):

>     (:if ! exists {*$Group}.RecentChanges :)
>     This will create a new group called "{*$Group}" -- are you sure you
>     want to do this?
>     (:if:)

This may be a good way when creating a new page in a new group, using
the standard edit form. It will not work for those methods creating
new pages via a form like NewPageBox in conjunction with a template
etc.
--------

Sivakatirswami's question was about blocking new page creations from
an existing group. Cookbook/LimiWikiGroups does not answer that I
think, although an answer may be a good addition to that page.

My original answer was addressing blocking new page creations for a
specific group pattern. It was also blocking page creations attempted
through forms like NewPageBox. As a result it may stop any page
creation in groups with that pattern, which may not be what
Sivakatirswami wants (I am not sure how he populates the TODO groups,
I guess with ZAP).

So maybe the question needs refining:
After initial creation of a number of pages in a group, how can we
block creation of any further pages by authors editing the existing
pages?
Or as the topic subject suggest: How to block link creations in
existing groups with a certain groupname pattern?

Hans