[pmwiki-users] Nice URL strange problem!

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 28 12:33:34 CST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 06:59:34PM +0200, Athan wrote:
> "Oliver Betz" <list_ob at gmx.net> wrote in message
> news:45E5BBAF.30155.6D63004C at list_ob.gmx.net...
>
> That's crazy! I wonder what Patric thinks about that. If  authuser.php
> inclusion order in config.php does matter, that has to be described clearly
> in the file (maybe in FAQ too).

Generally authuser.php should occur early in configuration.
A change I made to authuser.php in 2.1.14 seems to be causing
confusion, however, in that it attempts to resolve incomplete
pagenames as part of the authentication process (via a call
to ResolvePageName).

Since this has been causing so many problems, in 2.2.0-beta32
(just released) I've removed the call to ResolvePageName from
authuser.php so as to avoid confusion.  I don't think this will
negatively impact any existing sites.

However, we'll see about starting a page to describe the recommended
order for setting things in configuration files.  Yes, order does
matter for certain things (although in the case of authuser.php,
it now matters a little less :-).

Thanks!