[pmwiki-users] offline/online wiki synchronization and page merging with conflict resolution

Leo Razoumov slonik.az at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 14:44:53 CST 2007

Hi Everybody,
I have a pmwiki installation on a Linux server behind a firewall for a
small group of people with a busy travel schedule. When on the road a
local offline copy of wiki is used by those individuals. When a person
is back merging her/his changes to the master wiki tree is a difficult
procedure for the pages with conflicting changes.
A graphical 3-way merge like WinMerge or Emacs emerge would be a great help.
Among wiki engines I think MoinMoin is the only one that allows to
merge wiki versions this way. But I like pmwiki a lot (have been using
it for the last two years) and I hope wiki synchronization and page
merging could be implemented in pmwiki before too long. This will
clearly set pmwiki ahead of competition.

--Leo--