[pmwiki-users] supporting a variety of uploads

Nicholas Buttle nicholas_buttle at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 3 11:11:18 CST 2007

hi

there's a lot of different file types and file names
in this office.

As for file types that shouldn't be a problem as I can
add new upload types in local/config (although what a
browser does with the file type isn't always
desireable)

However,  the real problem here is files with spaces
parenthesis etc etc in the filename.  I would really
like to allow the uploading of any file that resides
on our network.  ie if it's allowed as a filename by
the OS then it should be by PMWiki.  The thought of
setting out to the users a detailed list of conversion
rules that they must apply to filenames before
attempting to upload is going to be VERY offputting to
the average user.

Any ideas people???

Thanks in advance.

Nicholas