[pmwiki-users] complicated

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 4 09:40:28 CST 2007

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 03:13:09PM +0000, J. Meijer wrote:
>      [[www.example.com | We have Example now!]]
>
>    Seems perfectly legitimate.
>    But the problem is really with the link that doesn't generate text at all.
>    I'd say this behaviour severely puts off (new or old) users.

Agreed, and PmWiki didn't used to work this way.  I suspect that
this bug is due to a change we made in 2.1.6 to support the
"Group." and "Group/" pagename syntax, and you're just the
first person to find or report the behavior above.

I also seem to recall that we made a change such that an invalid
pagename would suppress the entire link, but I don't exactly
recall why we did that.  Something to do with trails and/or
pagelists, IIRC.

At any rate, I agree the above behavior is unexpected and that
we need a better solution to it.  I'll see what I can come up with.