[pmwiki-users] detect new SimpleForum messages

JB jbit at bitlink.com
Thu Jan 4 15:07:26 CST 2007

* Hans wrote, On 1/4/2007 3:19 AM:
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FeedLinks

I kinda got the RSS working.

It is providing a feed based on <groupname>.RecentChanges.
SimpleForum uses two pages - Forum.HomePage and
Forum.GroupFooter.  These two pages show up in the RSS feed,
but I do not want them to, I just want the new topics/messages
to show up.

I can edit the Forum.RecentChanges to remove Forum.HomePage
and Forum.GroupFooter pages but then Forum.RecentChanges
itself shows up in the rss feed.

So I removed Forum.RecentChanges at the server shell prompt.
It works.

So now the RSS feed shows new topics, but it will only show
new topics.  If a comment is added to a topic that was already
read it does not show up in the RSS feeder.  Is there some way
to have it tell the RSS that the topic (page) changed and that
it should show up in the RSS newsreader?