[pmwiki-users] 404 on Abort?

H. Fox haganfox at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 6 18:56:54 CST 2007

On 1/6/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:

> It's pretty clear to me that the 200 result is a lot more useful
> to an administrator than the 500, and since there are a fair
> number of PmWiki administrators who are using IE or IIS, we'd make
> things significantly more difficult for them by changing the
> status codes on Abort().

I think it would be easy to detect if the server's OS is Windows or
the browser is IE.

On Windows servers the first three letters of the PHP_OS constant are
"WIN" and I think all recent version of IE have "MSIE" in the user
agent string (actually "MSIE[space][digit]").

if (strtoupper(substr(PHP_OS, 0, 3)) == 'WIN'
  || eregi('msie',$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']))

would do it.  Just a thought...

> invalid page name requests result in "404 Not Found" errors,

That was the most important one.

Hagan