[pmwiki-users] copy-paste into wiki page

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Jan 8 14:35:22 CST 2007

On 1/8/07, Kathryn Andersen <kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Sounds like you're running into the preformat-whitespace scenario....
>
> If you are having a problem with whitespace, go through and remove any
> spaces from the start of the lines, after you've pasted it into your
> PmWiki edit form.  That should fix it up.

Pm has discussed making it possible to turn this on and off in a
future release. I know several others would like this available as
well, so maybe we'll see it in this beta series.

In the meantime there is an alternative in zap's magic boxes which
wrap text with leading white space as expected and don't require //
for sigle line returns, etc.  See
http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Snippets.MagicBoxes.  You'd have
to learn how zap forms work, but it does offer some nice alternatives
to the normal way of letting users cut and paste text to a wiki.

Cheers,
Dan