[pmwiki-users] copy-paste into wiki page

Américo Albuquerque aalbuquerque at lanowar.sytes.net
Tue Jan 9 06:37:25 CST 2007

Webster, MaryJo wrote:
 > I'm relatively new to pmwiki, so forgive me if this has already been
 > answered. I've searched the list archives looking to see if anyone
else has
 > encountered this, but didn't find anything.
 >
 > I've run into several occasions where I've copied a block of text from an
 > email or from another program and when it's displayed on the wiki
page the
 > text does not "wrap" appropriately. To read all of it, you have to scroll
 > across to the right, far beyond the typical borders of the page.
 >
 > I've tried pasting first into a text editor and then copy-pasting it from
 > there, but otherwise am at a loss for how to make this work. I'd
appreciate
 > any suggestions.

Since this question has appeared many times I made a recipe in the
cookbook answering this. Check
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NoPreformattedText

Now a simple answer:

You can also disable the preformatted markup by disabling the "^ws" and
the "^ " markup from your config.php by using
   DisableMarkup('^ws');
   DisableMarkup('^ '); # Note the space after the ^
This will also disable the autindent from the bulletted lists, numbered
lists and definition lists

Americo Albuquerque