[pmwiki-users] How to refer to active page from sidebar?

f.r.salomons salomons at wanadoo.nl
Tue Jan 9 16:34:10 CST 2007

Not having any scripting/programming experience, I need some help.

1. For my website, I would like to add an option for visitors to log in
and log out from any page, whilst showing the present
login/logout-status of the visitor. I figured out that this might be
done with something like the following:

(:if ! authid:) You are not logged in presently. Would you like to
[[{$FullName}?action=login | log in?]]
(:ifend:)
(:if authid:)
You are logged in as {$AuthId}. Would you like to
[[{$FullName}?action=logout | log out?]]
  (:ifend:)

In the sandbox, this works fine. It does not, however, from the sidebar.
  You can login/logout from there, but by logging in/out it is the
sidebar which becomes the active page (if that's how to call it). What I
am looking for is a way to tell Pmwiki to show not the active page
({$Fullname}, but the previous page. I cannot find how to do that.

2. A further question: instead of adding my above-described
login/logout-option to the sidebar, I would also like to be able to add
it to the space between the logo and the searchbox. How can I do that?

Any suggestions are welcome!
thanks,
Frits