[pmwiki-users] Lost skin styling...

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Jan 9 16:52:04 CST 2007

On Tue, Jan 09, 2007 at 05:36:21PM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> I've reorganized my various farm fields to put all the skins in one
> farm field, rather than scattered about.  I have the skins showing up
> in the fields, but they have lost the styles in their css files.
>
> Can anyone suggest a reason this might be happening?  Here's some
> sample code--all my fields are doing it...
>
> config.php
>
> $ScriptUrl = 'http://localhost/zap/index.php';
> $PubDirUrl = 'http://localhost/zap/pub';
> $SkinDirUrl = 'http://localhost/system/pub/skins';
> $Skin = 'zap';

Setting $SkinDirUrl is generally incorrect -- PmWiki automatically
computes $SkinDirUrl from the selected skin.

Put another way, $SkinDirUrl is supposed to the be url to
the directory containing the skin itself, not the skins/
directory that contains all of the different skins.

Normally you just need to set $PubDirUrl (and $FarmPubDirUrl)
and PmWiki takes care of the rest.