[pmwiki-users] Links to Images in Includes Do Not Appear

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Jan 11 15:17:36 CST 2007

I wonder if there is a way to solve this:

This Page in Group A : MailLists.UpDateWebPortal

	contains one or more screen shots

	attach:EntryPageLayout.jpg
	attach:ModalDialogOne.jpg

and in another page in Group B: TODO-MailLists.1005

we have this: (: include MailLists.UpDateWebPortal:)

A page in Group A with image attachments
is included (for display purposes only) in a page in Group B

The images are, obviously, originally uploaded to
an ../uploads/MailLists (Group A) folder..

But they do not appear on screen Group B in pages that
include Group A pages. The attachment code is marked
with "?"

Of course the problem is obvious:  relative paths are breaking.

Now, I *do* need to control uploads in the standard
fashion
../uploads
	/groupA
	/groupB

etc. but we need them to display in  contexts outside
the original group where they were uploaded.
Can we do that without force users to upload and then re-write
the link to an absolute URL? In theory, PMwiki has all
the information it needs to map a path to the original image.

Sivakatirswami