[pmwiki-users] Mediawiki to PmWiki migration - how to preserve old links

Crisp, Steve [UK] SCRISP at ngms.eu.com
Fri Jan 12 16:39:06 CST 2007

All,

You (Patrick) came up with the goods with my last problem (ref. redirect to URL), here's another....

I'm migrating this OpenSource site from MediWiki to a proper Wiki - PmWiki of course!  I need to preserve links to around 50 articles (read: URLs) and have them redirected to the relevant (new) PmWiki articles.  Example below:

Existing MediaWiki URL:
http://wiki.enginuity.org/index.php?title=Frequently_Asked_Questions

New PmWiki URL (temporary site!):
http://scoobypedia.co.uk/enginuity/index.php/Enginuity/FrequentlyAskedQuestions

I want to retire the 'old' wiki so running it parallel is a last resort.

Has this problem already been solved before?  Do you recommend it's solved in PmWiki or in some kind of web server configuration?

As always thoughts, advice much welcome.
-Steve.