[pmwiki-users] Link to description of PmWiki on Wikimatrix.org?

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 19:23:06 CST 2007

--- "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> I was thinking perhaps
>
>     !!# Level 2 Heading.
>
> But another approach might be to have something
> that says "make an anchor from this text, and
> display the text".  Then it would
> be useful for all sorts of things.  Unfortunately
> [[#text]] is already taken, but maybe:
>
>     !![[##Level 2 Heading]].
>
> which is equivalent to
>
>     !![[#Level2Heading]]Level 2 Heading.
>
> This could then be used in lists and other items as
> well, so that
>
>     ** [[##Here is my bullet point]] with extra text
>     ## [[##Here is another item]] for us to read.
>
> would be the same as writing
>
>     ** [[#HereIsMyBulletPoint]]Here is my bullet
> point with extra text
>     ## [[#HereIsAnotherItem]]Here is another item
> for us to read.
>
> Definitely work thinking about...

 Well, as usual you have found the obvious (in
hindsight) simplification that makes things "nice". :)

 It seems like a no brainner to me, despite
Christian's objections.  If there are anchor
restrictions, there are anchor restrictions.
I think it comes with the territory, but it
shouldn't prevent us from having a simple useful
markup?

-Martin