[pmwiki-users] using both AuthUser and UserAuth

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Jan 16 11:37:32 CST 2007

On 1/15/07, ben at interdependentweb.com <ben at interdependentweb.com> wrote:
> I like the convenience of UserAuth and have used it on a number of
> sites, but now as I'm getting ready to start using ZAP (finally) I
> realize I may need to use AuthUser for those parts of the site.  Is it
> possible to use both simultaneously?  Are there any pitfalls to watch
> out for?  --Ben

I can't help you out here as I don't know very much about UserAuth,
but have found AuthUser quite powerful.  If there is something you can
do in UserAuth but not AuthUser, let me know and perhaps ZAP can fill
the gap. My guess is, if you are using ZAP's authentication system,
you would not need UserAuth.

I should also note, ZAP does not require AuthUser except in ZAP's
login function (which is a completely different way of creating user
accounts). So if you like UserAuth, you should be able to continue
using it with other kinds of ZAP forms.

Cheers,
Dan