[pmwiki-users] Parentheses in links

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:58:51 CST 2007

> Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 12:58:43 -0600
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 05:44:02PM +0000, J. Meijer wrote:
> > Maybe I should add a 3rd item to this list: automatic line-joining into
> > paragraphs. While in the past there were good motives to do so I think we
> > now have the option of the (:div:) (or >><<) markup. Removing automatic
> > line-joining also allows <br> to be inserted more elegantly.
>
> This is already possible using the (:linebreaks:) markup
> (or performing its equivalent in local/config.php).
> Or did you mean something else?
>
> Pm

I am talking mainly about defaults. The (:nolinebreaks:) is the pmwiki default. I think it would be cleaner to have this changed.

With a different (:linebreaks:) setting, a slightly different set of syntax constructs around it is required. So changes go deeper then the (:linebreaks:) setting alone. The sum of the changes maybe a cleaner wiki, one that better stands by its philosophies.

So I challenge: what problem does automatic line-joining really solve? I may be able to challenge those that think it is required.

/jm