[pmwiki-users] RSS feeds and passwords

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Fri Jan 19 12:35:28 CST 2007

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> But the RSS doesn't seem to include changes to the password-protected
>> pages.

>     if ($action == 'rss') $EnablePageListProtect = 0;
>
> This limits the ability to see the protected pages to RSS feeds;
> normal pagelists and searches wouldn't see them.

Current favourite. I've set it up for now and it's working. Annoying all
10 of the anonymous fans who use the feeds to see if I'll ever update
the site.

> Lastly, it's also possible to configure the webfeeds to obtain
> the authentication information from the url directly, as in:
>
>     .../Site/AllRecentChanges?action=rss&authpw=secret

Maybe two different feeds?

a) For those who just want the public stuff (i.e. the old method)

b) For those who want to see everything. Hardcode so the page contents
(and summary?) aren't sent if there's a read password. Anyone getting
this feed will see the title but have to sign into the wiki to get more.
(So your boss will see the title "My Boss ..." but he won't be able to
read the rest.)

> There are probably other options available, but this is a start.
> We should probably see about adding a Cookbook/FAQ about this
> topic somewhere, as the question comes up from time to time.

Done. The quick and easy way, but done. Added it to the WebFeeds page.

Thanks!

Sandy