[pmwiki-users] ZAP updates

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Jan 24 10:19:50 CST 2007

I've been able to get a couple hours in this morning to update the
ZAPsite and upload some recipe revisions I've been working on.  Below
are some of the new features, not to mention a number of minor tweaks
and one or two small bug fixes.

The documentation is not complete for all the new capabilities, though
I've made some progress (help is welcomed!), and the snippets do
appear to be updated and working.  Let me know if anyone has any
questions, or notes any problems:

ZAPchat and ZAPcart are both functional, but will be undergoing some
significant change in the near future, so I'd recommend you hold off
on developing any mission critical app's based on these.  I'm also
still hoping to add two more modules in the near future including a
full featured quiz module.

Let me know if anyone has suggestions, requests for features, or input.  Enjoy!

Cheers,
Dan

ZAP
* Added a Validate snippet to demonstrate how this powerful function works.
* Will try and add a simple Conditional snippet soon.  See the buttons
snippet for a more advanced example.

ZAPplus
* Logging function now allows to store as preformatted text or as wiki
markup. Powerful!  See Snippets.LoggingPlus--which creates both a
daily login history, as well as simultaneously updating their
individual login history.  Pretty neat...
* ListFmt function fully functional (originally a part of zap).
Allows full templating of ListFmts!
* Update function allows you to just update one or more data fields
while keeping all other fields the same.  Nice.
* Coming soon, a powerful replace feature.  Will be able to do many
things ranging from replicating what FOX does on a single page to a
site wide search and replace of key patterns or strings.  Imagine
that!

ZAPmail
* No longer requires email templates, though can still be used as desired.
* Has a nice demo mode for testing purposes (may have mentioned this before).

ZAPnews
* Fully functional.  I've been using in the ZAP News Machine and it
works great!  See www.fast.st/zapnews
* Uses the same configuration variable as ZAPmail to disable demo mode.

ZAPfiles
* Now has both a delete and destroy command.  One renames with a ,del
ending, the other removes the file completely from the server.  Great
for temp files.  See delete snippet.
* Added a rename command to change files names from one to another.
Uses ZAPpageshortcuts. See rename snippet.
* * Can delete, destroy, or rename entire groups in one click. See
filemgmt snippet for a powerful example.

PS.  It would be great if someone would take the trouble to use this
last module to put together a full file management system for zap.  By
combining form input arrays with PmWiki's pagelists you could have a
very powerful system.  It would probably only take one or two
carefully built forms... Maybe one day I'll get around to it...