[pmwiki-users] Slender: prebundled wikis

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 13:43:43 CST 2007

Wednesday, January 24, 2007, 6:32:36 PM, The wrote:
>> as a start for instance see
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ListOfBundles

> Well, I guess there is a start after all!  In all my months at PmWiki
> however, I've never seen that page before. And it is pretty
> desolate...

So the idea has been around awhile. The name "bundle" had been
adopted, not knowing any better. Examples had been few. Why?
I think because mostly an admin building a new wiki has very
specific requirements, and usually there is no general solution.
Then there are usually a few options on how to implement some feature,
perhaps a number of recipes offer similar features or functions.

There is a vast number of ways to build a pmwiki site, thanks to the
flexibility of pmwiki and the huge number of cookbook recipes.
Sometimes some can be bundled to work "out of the box", but more times
it needs individual solutions to fulfill specific requirements.

And when is a bundle a Bundle? When does a recipe stops being a
recipe and becomes a Bundle? What degree of complexity or combination
of other recipes is required to warrant it be named a Bundle?

Would be nice to know, if only to use the existing Bundle category
properly.

Hans