[pmwiki-users] Unnecessary Line Break in the Header of a Notification email

David Brickner DBrickner at hcpro.com
Thu Jan 25 11:04:29 CST 2007

Howdy,

I'm running pmwiki on a Linux box with Postfix as my mailer. I just set
up notifications for page changes and everything works well with one
exception.

The actual email the user receives has a few of the headers in the body
of the message. It looks like there is a extra line break in the headers
which is causing the user's MUA (Outlook) to place the header in the
body. I'm assuming I've misconfigured my Postfix setup or with the
statement I've included in my local config.php. Maybe someone else on
here has encountered this problem and has a fix.

The break is occuring after the From header and before the Message-ID.

Here is the statement in my config:

##Enable Email Notification of Changes
$EnableNotify = 1;
$NotifySquelch = 21000;
$NotifyFrom = 'Wiki server <wiki at example.com>'
<mailto:wiki at example.com>'> ;
## include the change summary and link to the page's history in the
message
$NotifyItemFmt = " * {\$FullName} . . . \$PostTime by {\$Author} \n
Link to e
dited page: {\$PageUrl} \n \n    Change Summary:
{\$LastModifiedSummary}\n    Pa
ge History: {\$PageUrl}?action=diff \n \n";

Any thoughts?

David