[pmwiki-users] ZAP search and replace...

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sat Jan 27 07:09:15 CST 2007

Saturday, January 27, 2007, 12:54:37 PM, Jiri wrote:

> The method of using an (invisible) marker to append/prepend
> is unclear to me how to use it. I was trying but no succes.
> Would you make an example?

You need some sort of marker on the page which Find will find, and
will Replace with the marker plus the new text, thereby appending the
text to the marker.

[==] is an invisible marker (markup which is not seen, but will still
be picked up by Find). An anchor tag may be useful as well, like
[[#top]] at the page top.
Find will find the first occurrence of such marker on the page,
ignoring all later ones, I guess.

Repeating the same method will append again the new text relative to
the marker, but it will in fact be prepended to the text placed
before (newest text on top, but after the marker)

If you put the Replace text in front of the marker, you basically
prepend it to the marker, but subsequent new text will be in fact
appended to text placed before.

Hans