[pmwiki-users] When does Site.NotifyList get created?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 29 08:44:44 CST 2007

On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 10:32:38PM -0800, jeb eddy wrote:

> Per instructions for Notify, in    local/config.php   I have set
>    $EnableNotify = 1;
> and launched a browser to my site.
> QUESTIONS:
>
> Do I have to create this page manually via a link?

Yes, create the page manually, containing the notifications you
want to have performed.

> If Yes, in which folder?  Does it matter?

Just create the page in PmWiki like you would create any other
page -- it will place it into the appropriate directory.

> Also, the instructions for Notify present another way to add
> recipients: an array, in local/config.php.
>
> The example shown in the instructions is:
>
> $NotifyList[] = 'notify=john.doe at home.com group=Site';
>
> In the form shown above using "[]",  how do I add multiple items to
> the array?  An example is all I need.

Easiest may be to simply repeat the line for each additional entry:

    $NotifyList[] = 'notify=alice at example.com group=Main';
    $NotifyList[] = 'notify=bob at example.com name=Main.HomePage';

I've updated the documentation to demonstrate multiple entries.