[pmwiki-users] time outs when manually adding pages

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 29 09:48:06 CST 2007

On Sat, Jan 27, 2007 at 06:43:22AM -0800, Seth Cherney wrote:
> I am trying to manually add about 50,000 pages to a wiki on my local hdd.  most things work - wow!
> trails work!  incredible.
>
> StaticPages- generates about 163 pages out of a 1500 page array I added,
> then times out.  is there some way to adjust this?

You might need to set a longer time limit for processing the script --
the default is often 30 seconds.  Try the following in local/config.php:

    set_time_limit(1800);     # time out after 30 minutes

> Site Search box - way times out.  index is not being generated on search.

FWIW, I don't know that PmWiki can handle searches of 50,000 pages.
At that point you might want to consider using an external search
engine instead of PmWiki's built-in engine (which really isn't
designed for such a large base of pages).