[pmwiki-users] Hierarchical Groups Working

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon Jan 29 11:28:52 CST 2007

On 1/29/07, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 28, 2007 at 04:01:44PM -0500, The Editor wrote:
> > I have one glitch that has me stumped.  I've been able to create the
> > proper array for $PageCSSListFmt, ie:
> >
> > Array ( [0] => http://localhost/hgtest/pub/css/local.css [1] =>
> > http://localhost/hgtest/pub/css/Kingdom.css [2] =>
> > http://localhost/hgtest/pub/css/Kingdom-Animal.css [3] =>
> > http://localhost/hgtest/pub/css/Kingdom-Animal-Canine.css )
>
> This is not the correct format for $PageCSSListFmt.  The
> correct format for each entry is
>
>    'file' => 'url'
>
> where 'file' is the name of a file that PmWiki should look for,
> and if found then it should produce the corresponding url
> in the output.

Yes, I didn't read the docs carefully enough.  Have it working fine now.

> > Also, does anyone know if there is anything comparable to
> > $GroupHeaderFmt for Sidebars?  I was thinking that would be nice to
> > throw in as well.
>
> There isn't.

Surely there is some way to set up a system for hierarchical
sidebars...  Aren't the sidebar options in the skin template set to
some kind of array that could be over written in a config file?

If not could the code in core be reworked to allow a variable like
this to be set, so the sidebar called by the skin could be overwritten
in a config file?  I'm almost sure it must be there somewhere. But if
not it should be easy enough to add.

The other option I guess would be to have the skin always call
Site.Sidebar, put in that page: "(:include {$Sidebar}:)" and then use
the hg recipe to create the appropriate page variable according to the
hierarchy.  I just would prefer to not have to require editing of the
skin and creation of a special sidebar page.  I'd rather it be
download and go.  Can anyone suggest a solution other than a core
change?

Also, any help figuring out for the link shortcut notation I specified
at www.fast.st/hgtest would be appreciated.  It wouldn't be hard, just
a bit of tinkering.

Cheers,
Dan