[pmwiki-users] JITS <assign to> field (was JITS v.20070125 recipe released)

Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX admin at obutex.com
Tue Jan 30 02:03:35 CST 2007

You can have  several solutions
(1) in one wikigroup e.g. Tasks with each responsible person separate
JITS main page e.g.
Tasks.John
Tasks.Adam
Tasks.Nancy
etc

to each such a page copy just
(:include JITS.JITSsnip #mainpage#mainpageend:)
(:JITSlevel: main:)

Into Task.GroupFooter insert
(:if equal {*$:PInd} "JITS":)(:include JITS.JITSsnip
#grpftr#grpftrend:)(:ifend:)

The user having READ access to the Tasks group can read tasks of all
persons.
To have the persons listed in the filter "in JITS" dropdown box just
copy JITS.JITScfg to Tasks.JITScfg and  modify the block

[[#JITSnames]]
(:include JITS.JITScfgS #JITSnames#JITSnamesend:)
(:input select name="JName" value="John" label="John":)
(:input select name="JName" value="Adam" label="Adam":)
(:input select name="JName" value="Nancy" label="Nancy":)
[[#JITSnamesend]]

and it's done.

**To assign a task to the person just create a new issue in his/her
JITsystem -
means e.g. to browse Tasks.John and click "New issue" button.

To have a list of existing JITS in that group
create Tasks.Tasks or Tasks.HomePage (or any other) and enter
(:pagelist group={$Group} name=-*Recent* $:JITSlevel=main:)

(2) another way is to create Tasks page in each personal group e.g.
TasksJohn
TasksAdam
TasksNancy

This way you can restrict the read acces only to selected staff.
In each such e group create
a) the GroupFooter page e.g. TasksJohn/GroupFooter
and enter
(:if equal {*$:PInd} "JITS":)(:include JITS.JITSsnip
#grpftr#grpftrend:)(:ifend:)

b) the main JITS page e.g. TasksJohn/Tasks
and enter
(:include JITS.JITSsnip #mainpage#mainpageend:)
(:JITSlevel: main:)

and it's done.

If you filter "in Groups" = all you can read all tasks in wikigroups you
have the READ access.

IMPORTANT: do not forget to set ZAP pasword  via
<Group>.GroupAttributes?action=attr
(to enable forms submitting) in wikigroups where the tasks are placed
 (i.e. Tasks  group in the 1st solution or TasksJohn, TasksAdam groups
in the 2nd one)

Best regards,
Jiri

Joshua J. Kugler napsal(a):
> On Sunday 28 January 2007 22:36, Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX wrote:
>
>> Hi Joshua,
>> to add new fields requires to modify several sources but if you do not need
>> some field (e.g. in "project") just re-label it.
>> Soon I will make some customisation tips in
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/JITS-Talk
>>

> Sounds good.  Yes, an "assigned to" is kind of important, but I'll still take
> a look a see if we can get by without it.
>
> Thanks for your response.

>> Jiri
>>
>> Joshua J. Kugler napsal(a):

>>> This looks very nice.  I may implement it soon.  I didn't see it at first
>>> look, so feel free to point it out if it is there, but: is there a way to
>>> add an "assigned' attribute to a bug, so an individual or team can be
>>> given responsibility for the bug?

OBUTEX s.r.o
Ing.Jiří Hladůvka
Zlatovská 22