[pmwiki-users] SOLVED Re: problem with rss feeds, external feeds

Russ Fink russfink at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 30 12:27:41 CST 2007

Followup - problem solved for me.  The provider looked at the problem, and
enabled allow_url_fopen.  My pages work now.

I had tried the .htaccess trick he mentioned, and even did some @ini_set
w/in pmwiki, but that didn't work because he didn't enable overrides in the
apache or PHP.ini configuration (I don't know which).  Well, now he enabled
overrides and enabled the url_fopen thing.  Problem solved.

In other news, if anyone needs a good low cost hosting provider that /now/
supports PmWiki, check out www.angryhosting.com.  I'm evaluating it for a
few more days before outright ditching hostmonster.com which has been
nothing but flaky and unreliable for me (your mileage may vary) since I
started hammering on the wiki content two weeks ago.  Matt's been really
responsive and helpful, does all the tech support himself.  Yes, there is
ssh access.

Thanks for all the hosting provider tips, btw.

Would anyone mind if I added a HostingProviders page to pmwiki.org?  I would
include a disclaimer that PmWiki neither endorses nor condemns any of the
listed providers, but is just anecdotal evidence of what some people have
found to work.