[pmwiki-users] Set a PageTextVariable from config.php

Christophe David pmwiki at christophedavid.org
Fri Jul 6 16:10:19 CDT 2007

> Why do you want to do this?  Page Text Variables are not designed to be
> set from config.php.

> If you want to create a variable in config.php, then you should use the
> thing that was designed to do so -- that is, Page Variables.
> See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageVariables

Good point.

I was trying to use ReadPage to get a template containing variables,
and could not get them expanded with PagesVariables while it seemed it
would work with PageTextVariables.

But none of these options were good. I finally discovered the
FmtTemplateVars() which does exactly what I was trying to achieve
without any trouble...

Christophe