[pmwiki-users] PITS vs. JITS

Sandy sandy at onebit.ca
Tue Jul 10 13:16:19 CDT 2007

Sivakatirswami wrote:
> Kathryn Andersen wrote:
<snip>
>> I use AuthUser with HtpasswdForm and settings to require author names
>> and to force the author names to be the same as the logins.
>>
>> Advantages:
>> - self-registration makes it easier for both the users and the admin

Note: AuthUser alone does not have self-registration. As Kathryn said,
her setup includes HtpasswdForm.

> "Self-registration" implies anyone can create a new user
> but if you don't want your site to be public...
>
> How do you limit who can actually create a new user?
>
>   I think of self-registration like a Yahoo group
> where anyone can do it. But on our wiki I need to be
> able to decide who can get in....but we don't
> want to force a double authentication requirement
> for those who are already registered.
>
> Sivakatirswami

How about a "Welcome stranger" page?

Does the registration system have a "hold for approval" setting. I run
some non-wiki lists where the user does most of the registration
themselves, then I get an email saying my approval is needed. Approval
then consists of me logging in and clicking "approve NewGuy".

Sandy