[pmwiki-users] A "Go" button

kirpi at kirpi.it kirpi at kirpi.it
Mon Jul 16 06:55:51 CDT 2007

> How do I make a "go" button like on wikipedia which instead of
> searching for a page, goes to the page instead?

I've seen lots of **common users** misunderstand that Wikipedia "Go" button.

They type into the "search field" (**this** is the way that field is
understood by the whole mass) and then sit puzzled:
1) should we press "Go" - in the sense of go, find, like it is used
nearly anywhere from altavista.com to mit.edu to nasa.gov and some
other thousands of bigger and smaller sites.
2) should we press "Search" - and what is that other button for, then?

I find that input field setup quite deceiving, and rate it low on usability.

This does not help in answering you question, directly.
Sorry. Just a thought.

Luigi