[pmwiki-users] ZAP - Evoking the Password Form for Zap-Protected pages

Tim Pascal timpascal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:49:12 CDT 2007

Thanks for your reply noskule:

> I don't no if this is possible, but a simple workaround would be to only
> show the "New Issue" button if the user has editperms. You can do that
> with conditional markup
>
> in config.php
> $HandleAuth['zap'] ='edit';
>
> in wiki:
> (:if auth edit:)[[NewIssueForm]](:ifend:)

Neat idea. I'll tuck that away for a rainy day.

I control new pages by password protecting the page with
newpageboxplus. So new pages aren't the problem. Editing existing
pages is. Your solution (and my problem) share the same limitation. It
protects the page but offers no apparent way for the user to
authenticate. Using the conditional, how would I offer the user the
opportunity to authenticate? PmWiki doesn't just provide a 'you are
not authorized' message when you hit the page edit button - it offers
you a password form. How can I get this behavior out of Zap and the
Zap password?

To clarify, I'm not using individual user accounts in my solution. If
I were, I could associate permissions to accounts probably. My wiki is
using simple page and group authentication. So any insights into how
to prompt someone for their Zap password (as needed) if they haven't
already established one in their session would be very helpful.

And I'm a noob at this so if there is a stoopid-simple way to get the
same functionality (open to read data, protected to edit data using a
form) feel free to em-bare-ass me. One learns through stupidity
(hopefully).

Tim