[pmwiki-users] Moving pmwiki directories out of web root

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 20 08:39:56 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 11:13:21AM +0300, Athan Dimoy wrote:
> A second thought is to relocate all these folders (or some) out of web
> document root. In that case, what configuration variables have to be changed
> to point to new locations?

For pmwiki.org, I install _all_ of PmWiki outside of the web
document root (e.g., as a 'pmwiki/' directory in my home
directory).  My web directory then has only three entries:

* A 'pub' symlink to $HOME/pmwiki/pub/
* An 'uploads' symlink to $HOME/pmwiki/uploads/
* An index.php file that contains
    <?php
      chdir('/home/pmichaud/pmwiki');
      include_once('pmwiki.php');

With this setup it may be necessary to set $ScriptUrl and
$PubDirUrl, although the defaults may work as well.