[pmwiki-users] Monospace-Text and buffer size problem.

Nelson Ingersoll nelson.ingersoll at email.com
Sun Jul 22 11:58:41 CDT 2007

Hello,

  PmWiki novice here.

  I am creating a PmWiki based knowledge base for work.  I am running
pmwiki-2.2.0-beta60.  Yes, I know this is the bleeding edge.  I am an
experienced computer engineer.  My thoughts are if not me, who?; and, if
not now, when?

   I have a largish text file, about 311KB, which is a highly formatted
ASCII document.  For those in the know it is a Bachman Diagram of a
hierarchical database I work on/with.  I read that I can use "[@
..text.. @] to display the text in the way it was written to be
displayed.  However, when I try to display the text all I see is a blank
page.

   Examining the page source code (FireFox) for the page I see the
section for the "View|Edit|History|Print" links at the top of the page,
and the similar link for display at the bottom of the page.  However, in
the DIV where the ext belongs there is no text.  All that exists is:

<!--PageText-->

   Worth noting... when I edit the page the text is present.  When I
remove the "[@" and "@]" markup text the page displays albeit horribly
mutilated.  The same problem occurs when I use the "@@" markups.  This
seems to be a bug.  Hopefully I didn't miss something in the PmWiki
docs/maillists/bug-lists about this.

   If I chop off a lot of the text it will display.  However, I've yet
to determine exactly where the cutoff size is.  I'm continuing to look
at the text to see if there is something which appears to be triggering
the problem.

- Nelson