[pmwiki-users] Automatically add anchors to heading tags?

Mike Shanley thebarmy at omniversalism.com
Mon Jul 23 23:35:50 CDT 2007

christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> I don't think it's a great idea to use the heading text to generate
> the label. My recommendation is to enumerate them instead. If we worry
> that an enumerated heading becomes incorrect if a heading is inserted
> before it, remember that a similar thing happens if you change the
> heading text.

I think this is an excellent suggestion. But there is a way to get
around having "fidgety numbers". Perhaps it could organize by heading
intensity (H1-H6) and it's number in a hierarchy, such as:

[[#123]] = The 3rd H3 in the 2nd H2 in the 1st H1.
[[#601]] = The 1st H3 in the 6th H1. (the 0 is for a missing H2).

What do you think?

-Mike