[pmwiki-users] Using PmWiki for a social club with individual profiles

Philip Seyer professionalsguild at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 01:27:13 CDT 2007

It will take a while for me to get to my question.  Sorry for that.

I'm exploring the idea of using PMWIKI for a Singles Wik -- where members of
a singles club can put up a profile of themselves and make contact with
others who may want to meet them. Members will be able to do other things,
too, like post social events.

The URL for my wiki (which is still quite crude) is:

   http://www.lovemusiclovedance.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php

The following page will be an overview of various members living in the San
Francisco Bay Area

http://www.lovemusiclovedance.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=SPRE.BayArea

To see the details about a member, you would click on the member's ID.
You can send an email to a member whose profile interests you by clicking on
an external link.

I would like individuals to be able to go in and edit their own page and
upload a picture or
put links on their page, etc.

My Questions.

Do you think this is a good use for PMWiki?
On which page would it be a good idea to put a password or ID requirement?
Any hints about implementing the password or ID requirement?
Should an administrator create the individual's page first and then email
him or her the link to it?

Would it work to just send a Bay Area person to:

http://www.lovemusiclovedance.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=SPRE.BayArea

and ask them to create their own ID and brief description?

Other ideas? Approaches? Better way for members to contact each other?
I'm thinking of using a system like that available at
http://www.memberize.com --
Memberize is slick, but expensive.

Thanks, guys, for your help,
Phil Seyer
http://www.pguild.com

P.S. I am thinking of integrating my Wiki with ccube, a new free system that
enables social networking by phone.  For more info on that, you may want to
see:  http://www.pguild.com/ccube