[pmwiki-users] htpasswdForm

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 09:43:48 CDT 2007

On 7/26/07, Sameer Kumar <skumar at eharch.com> wrote:
> > Dominique,
> >
> > I have tried and could not get sspi to work; I don't know enough about
> > apache or sspi and am giving up on it.
>
> I already manage to make it work successfully, defining a 'protected'
> directory containing following files:
>
> ~~~What does 'protected' directory mean?? Is it the main pmwiki
> directory? Is it the home directory of the website? Or is it a new
> directory that is called 'protected'?? where is this new directory
> located??

I defined a directory named "protected", which I configured with the
given .htaccess
Since this directory is directly defined under my web root directory,
I could also have configured it into a:
  <Location /protected/>...</Location>
block in the httpd.conf server configuration file.

> ~~~Similarly, in the code below, do I have to modify text like "A
> Protected Place" and MYDOMAIN and replace it with my specific
> information??
>
> ===8<---[.htaccess]---
> <IfModule mod_auth_sspi.c>
>    AuthName "A Protected Place"
>    AuthType SSPI
>    SSPIAuth On
>    SSPIAuthoritative On
>    SSPIOfferBasic On
>    #SSPIBasicPreferred On
>    #SSPIDomain MYDOMAIN
>    SSPIOmitDomain On
>    #SSPIUsernameCase On
>    require valid-user
> </IfModule>
> ===8<---[.htaccess]---

The AuthName is the Realm text to display when the server has to use
the basic authentication (ntlm-uncompatible browser).

MYDOMAIN is the domain name where your users are defined (the line has
to be uncommented to be taken in account).

--
Dominique