[pmwiki-users] Advice on using captcha with an email form?

Ian MacGregor lists at imacgregor.com
Tue Jul 31 17:02:26 CDT 2007

> But how can I verify that the captcha was input correctly? Or if this is
> not currently possible, do you have suggestions on how I could easily
> create a captcha-protected mailform?
>
> Thanks in advance!
I use pmform to build my email form at
http://imacgregor.com/Contact/ContactForm

The form is built using a custom setup in my
http://imacgregor.com/Site/LocalTemplates
(have a look at #immailform and #immailpost)

What you are wanting is:
{$Captcha} (:input captcha:)
(for the captcha in the form)

and

(:template requires if="captcha" errmsg="Message could not be sent due to
missing: Verification" :)
(for the error message when a mail is attempted without the correct captcha)

I'm sorry but I don't know how to explain it any better. I would be willing to
work with you to get this set up, though.

Regards,
Ian MacGregor
--
http://www.imacgregor.com