[pmwiki-users] ps

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jun 1 22:59:28 CDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 11:03:01PM -0400, Marguerite Floyd wrote:
> I deleted the .flock file, per the documentation, but that didn't
> change anything.
>
> And Enable IMS Caching in the config file is disabled.
>
> So now what?  Documentation says to "change directory permission for
> wiki.d to that of the user under which the web server runs."

Sorry, we probably need to update that documentation.  I suspect
that directory ownership isn't the problem in your case.

If the server is a unix-based server, you need to give the
wiki.d/ directory world writable permissions.  Usually this is
done with a command like:

    chmod 777 wiki.d

If you don't have command-line access to your server to be able
to do this, note that most FTP clients and servers also understand
the chmod command, so it can be done from there.

Hope this helps,