[pmwiki-users] Ascii SVG

Robert Fant rfant at cox.net
Sat Jun 2 10:33:33 CDT 2007

Greetings,

This is "wish-list" item.  No, I'm begging, for someone to consider the idea of adapting the ASCII SVG plugin (found in ASciencePad and TiddlerWiki) for PMWiki.  This tool, along with the wonderfully adapted jsMath recipe, would be the "cat's MEOW"  for us high school math teacher types.

If you're not familiar with ASCII SVG, it is a tool that allows one to put a really nice cartesian coordinate graph and graphs of function(s) in a page.  Very nice and extremely simple to use.

There are a ton of (open source) cool development tools out there.  Unfortunately, because of their lack of support of math symbols (and such) they are almost worthless to a math teacher.  Due to jsMath (recipe), the ability to embed Java applets and video (such as TeacherTube), PMWiki is rapidly becoming the best thing since sliced bread, a "must have" for math teachers.  I say this with all sincerity, THANK YOU ALL for what you do and your overwhelming generosity.

Your thoughts?

Thanks for your consideration,
Robert

View AScienePad (implementing ASCII SVG):  http://math.chapman.edu/~jipsen/asciencepad/asciencepad.html