[pmwiki-users] Attach won't work when I ftp-ing image to uploads

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Mon Jun 4 01:40:10 CDT 2007

On Monday 04 June 2007, vincent wrote:
> - The statment is exactly like the one I did uppload with attach.
> - The subdirectory is the same as for the files I did upload with attach.
> I tried other directories to.
> - The permission is 644 for all the files even the working ones. Upload
> directory is 775.
> - Binary ftp transfer;  I use Total commander and tried to force binary
> mode. No change.
>

> I get a link in the page and if I follow it I come to the upload page.
> After upload it works fine.
> Attach:KIF_0006.JPG ? KIF_0006.jpg

PmWiki cannot accept any file name for attachments: most notably it cannot
handle uppercase extensions:
   file.jpg   works
   file.JPG   doesn't work
   file.Jpg   doesn't work

This is sometimes a problem as some digital cameras create JPEGs with
uppercase extensions.

When you upload a file with the attach link, PmWiki will rename the file to
something it expects: lowercase ext, some other characters removed too (other
than numbers and latin letters). If you bulk-copy files with FTP, you may
need to first rename them for the extension to work.

Hope that helps,
Petko