[pmwiki-users] Does anyone know how to disable copying of links in my wiki?

Ian MacGregor lists at imacgregor.com
Tue Jun 5 11:29:05 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 05 June 2007 9:05:57 am Martin Fick wrote:
> I am pretty sure that you cannot control this.  If
> someone views data in a page, they can do whatever
> they want with it.  Even if there were some way to
> disable this in some browsers, this certainly would
> not be universal,
True. I still see some pages that have some kind of "disable right clicking"
code, but this type of thing doesn't work. I know that Firefox has a few
settings to overcome this and re-enable the right click menu even after the
page author includes code to disable it. There's also wget, which overcomes
this, and I bet other browsers can overcome it too. Basically, if it's on the
web, there's a way to get it.

Karina, You might think about password protecting 'read' for that page if it's
that important.

Ian MacGregor

> -Martin
>
> --- Karina <texask at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am putting together a large link section, and
> > would like to make the links
> > uncopyable by right clicking etc.  Anyone know how
> > to do that?
> >
> > Best,
> > Karina

http://www.imacgregor.com