[pmwiki-users] Simultaneous edit didn't work on concurrent click

Kar Leong kong at nps.edu
Tue Jun 5 17:08:57 CDT 2007

Hi,
  I tried the scenario using pmwiki-2.2.0-beta54, and I got the same result.

The scenario is as follows:
 -  Alice requests Main.WikiSandbox for editing
  - Bob requests Main.WikiSandbox for editing
  - Alice types her name into the WikiSandbox page
  - Bob  types his name into the WikiSandbox page
  - Alice and Bob both press "Save" at the same time
  - Alice sees a copy of the page with her name in it
  - Bob sees a copy of the page with Alice name in it instead of Bob's name,
no warning message was displayed.

The tested pmwiki is an out-of-box "stock" installation, without any recipes
or skins or custom configuration.

I tried the same scenario on another standard server, and got the same
result.  So it is probably not due to file locking working differently on the
first server. The details of the second server are:
pmwiki: 2.1.27
OS:  Ubuntu 6.10
Webserver: Apache 2.0.55, with PHP 5

Thanks & regards.