[pmwiki-users] Wannabe farmer questions

sti at pooq.com sti at pooq.com
Thu Jun 7 17:15:18 CDT 2007

Donald Z. Osborn wrote:
> After reading over http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/FarmSetupByExample I
> think I understand the concept of setting up farms, but want to check on a
> couple of things re the directory structure:
>
> If I start out with the wiki software and home wiki here:
> http://www.greenacreswearethere.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php
>
> ... I could make the first farm like this?:
> http://www.greenacreswearethere.com/farm-one/index.php
>
> ...then is it possible to set up a second (on n-th) farm in the main
> directory like this?:
> http://www.greenacreswearethere.com/index.php (farm-two)
>
> (actually the last one is a separate question in itself - hadn't considered
> setting up a wiki in the main directory like this; in the farm example the
> added question is whether the farm can be up a directory level in the site
> hierarchy)

All of these are possible. On my server I have one farm setup that has fields at:

http://www.taxdragon.ca/
http://hendrik.pooq.com/wiki/
http://sti.pooq.com
http://sti.pooq.com/patterns
http://sti.pooq.com/rexpolo

Some of these sites are more fleshed out than others. Also, the way I set
things up, there really isn't a 'main' wiki, just a bunch of fields (a JBOF?)