[pmwiki-users] place of the cookbook links

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Sat Jun 9 14:35:11 CDT 2007

On Saturday 09 June 2007, Petko Yotov wrote:
> On Saturday 09 June 2007, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 05:52:40PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> > > May be I didn't read enough, but I din't remember having seeing where
> > > is the prefered place to include the cookbook links in config.php.
> > It depends on the recipe.  Recipes that alter passwords or page
> > security (e.g., userauth.php or userauth2.php) really need to
> > go at the top of config.php.  Other recipes make more sense at
> > the bottom of config.php, and still others it makes no difference.
>
> Patrick, I happen to disagree. There are problems with the recipe orders.
> This is my advice for config.php, based on a lot of experience:
>
> 1. If there is a Per-Group Sub-directory setting, or a similar PageStore
> mechanism, it must to be set before most other scripts or recipes
> 2. UTF-8, (include(scripts/xlpage-utf-8.php);)
> 3. Internationalisations (calls to XLPage()) must come *after*
> 4. Then, any other *core script* or recipe, and probably authuser.php,
> userauth2.php before all other.
>
> I have added these notes at [1], [2] and [3] because it took me an enormous
> amount of time and headaches to discover how to fix it.

This message is also important for admins of wiki farms, because there is the
order:
  farmconfig.php -> local/config.php

So, in case of problems of such "order" order, the admin may use the tips from
this thread: [4], [5].

Also, there are recipes that are incompatible one with another. For example,
the SubPageMarkup recipe modifies the allowed $PageNameChars and cannot (yet)
work on sites with UTF-8. ThumbList and ThumbnailLinkToImage use one same
markup (:thumb:) and should not be used in the same page.

Thanks,
Petko

[4] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/42937/focus=42967
[5] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/42937/focus=42994